Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Title for my car from a different state?!


So here s the situation. I purchased a used car for short money a couple days ago through a private sale. The bill of sale told me it was a 1999 Honda civic, however when I run the VIN I come to find out it is actually a 2000. I purchased a report from what I have been told is a reputable vin check website which has told me there is no theft report, lien, or accident reports. It also told me there is a current title in New York state. I purchased the car in New Hampshire, and it even had a nh state inspection sticker for last year with the correct VIN and the mileage marker reads about 3k less than the odometer which seems accurate given that this is a sticker from a little under a year ago. Is this even possible to have it titled in new York but registered in New Hampshire? How may I obtain the title so I can register my new to me car and enjoy the first car I bought with my own money? And believe me, I have learned my lesson, so please no telling me what I did wrong with this purchase and how I could have done it better, I understand that and own the mistake. From now on I will always check the VIN and ask for more documentation than what I received this time around. Please anyone who can lead me in the right direction here pass on any information you can that might be of assistance.

Read more: Title for my car from a different state?!