Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Who is at fault in this accident?


Last night on my way home for work I noticed a small Honda civic stuck in a ditch along side the road. Being the nice guy I am I pulled over and asked them if they wanted me to try and pull them out with my truck. Of course they agreed. Anyways I back off the side of the road and maybe left half of one of the front tires on the road. While in the bed of my truck getting my tow straps out I was hit head on by another driver going around 45mph. I don't remember the impact just waking up on the ground in pain. Apparently I flew from the bed and landed on the road. Anyways the ambulance came and took me to the hospital. Turns out that I fractured my skull and needed multiple stitches. I was very fortunate to make it out that easy.
What I was wondering was who should be at fault, I am getting a lawyer to represent me and I'm sure she will do the same. She received a ticket for improper handling of her vehicle and she admitted in the police report that she saw the truck and headlights. Will they pay for my medical bills, I have insurance but it will still be expensive, at this point I don't know the condition of my truck because It was towed off scene. Anyways I will be missing work too, I was wondering if the could compensate or what the deal with that would be. Doctors orders are that I can't work for at least 2 weeks.
Can someone with a little bit more knowledge help me, I Just turned 18 and still am not a 100% sure how the whole insurance thing works

Read more: Who is at fault in this accident?