Monday, June 15, 2015

What is the most likely reason my Honda Passport is dying spontaneously?


I drive a 1998 Honda Passport. About 2 months ago the AC went out, then the Radio was turning on and off on it's own. About 5 minutes later my car was dead in the street and had to be towed. The Mechanic I took it to replaced the battery, a belt, and the Alternator. Today it did the same thing, with the same pattern.

After looking for an answer in a number of Forums and online answer pages, I found that a lot of Passport owners have this issue. Many replace spark plugs, alternators, batteries, crankshafts, etc and still do NOT see an improvement. I cannot afford to rebuild this car trying to fix this.

Does anyone know why Passports tend to do this? Is there a specific thing I should be aiming my attention at?

Read more: What is the most likely reason my Honda Passport is dying spontaneously?