Monday, February 2, 2015

2000 Honda Civic Ex grinds when shifting into reverse, is this normal?

Hello, the other day when I was parked on an incline I noticed my reverse gear grinded. I was in neutral and slowly rolling backwards when I tried to go into reverse. I repeated the action about twice with the same thing happening. It wasn't until I pressed the brake and came to a complete stop that I was able to shift into reverse smoothly. Previously the reverse gear had grinded on my about twice in the span of a couple of weeks when I was at a complete stop. I've read that its somewhat "normal" for reverse to grind ever so often but I'm not fully convinced. So am I not supposed to go from neutral to reverse if I'm rolling backwards? Thank you.

Read more: 2000 Honda Civic Ex grinds when shifting into reverse, is this normal?