Saturday, February 21, 2015

99 Honda Accord V6 Auto, Electrical or Trasnmission Problem?

Update: I have a V6 99 Honda Accord, and I got on it a little to get to highway speeds and the cars power kind of died on me and I noticed that my D4 Light was blinking, which is basically my "Transmission Check Light". Not having a transmission code light, I tried using an expensive engine check light which showed that I got too much power entering my shift solenoid. So I assumed it was my alternator. So I took alternator to get it tested and it passed charging test but failed a few others.
Update 2: Then My cars power started to completely die out one night while driving, my radio powered off, my cluster lights dimmed and eventually the car died and wouldn't start until the next morning. Had battery checked and it was fine.
Now when I turn on my car, the D4 light takes longer to start blinking. Now takes 5-6 seconds when previously it was instant.
Update 3: I just changed the Transmission fluid today, it was a fairly dark red fluid, doesn't look like it was changed in a while. I'm going to drive it about 50 miles and change it again. Despite there being multiple screens within the transmission, the magnet didn't have a whole lot of shavings on it.

Right now, I can only use my 2nd, and 3rd gears manually. If i put it into 3rd, it wont use 2nd either.

Read more: 99 Honda Accord V6 Auto, Electrical or Trasnmission Problem?