Monday, February 2, 2015

Will this alternator work with my car?

So basically I have a 2009 1.8L Honda Civic EX. I'm in the market for a new alternator but recently wanted to add better speaker/tweeters and lots of interior lighting. Well bad news, the stock alternator makes a mere 70 amps. So after looking at non OEM alternators, I find they're very specific on makes and models, what exactly can i use or not use in my civic? I see some nice ones, lots of amps to play with extra but labeled for "2.0L 2006-2009 Civic SI" and look to be the same exact layout and everything as a normal civics alternator. I always thought as long as its not so big that you cant physically fit it in your car that you could put it in your car, but with all the plug in's that im sure are Honda specific, it's hard to tell what would work in my car. Help please?

Read more: Will this alternator work with my car?