Monday, February 9, 2015

How to find out if my Mustang is turbocharged?

I am sorry if this sounds like a dumb question to people out there but I have a 97 Mustang that I just bought. It is a 3.8 V6. I just bought it. Looking online I'm seeing a lot of these v6's come with very low horsepower. My Honda Accord would appear to have the same horsepower. However this Mustang seems pretty fast to me and it's sucking down gas. It has duel Flowmaster mufflers that are not stock, 17 inch rims that are not stock and an aftermarket hood with hood scoop. So I'm wondering what else has been done to it. Looking online I see people turbocharging and getting between 500 and 800 horsepower. All I really know is it seems pretty fast to me. Just wondering if anyone could tell me how I could go about finding out if it is in fact turbocharged or not? Thanks people.

Read more: How to find out if my Mustang is turbocharged?