Monday, February 9, 2015

Used car or new car for first time driver?

Which one is better? I'm 28 years old, first time driver, and it will be my first time buying a car.

I'm interested in getting a Mini Cooper or fiat. I don't want a huge car like Honda, ford, Nissan, etc. I'm very tiny and short, 5ft tall and weigh 90lbs. I prefer 4 door, automatic, and a smart car. Since I'm short and I have short legs, I will need to get the gas and pedal fix.

here are my pros/cons of used n new car:

Used:
1. Cheaper than a new car.
2. Car tends to have a lot of problems, and will cost $$$$ to get it fix, because of the previous owner(s).

New:
1. Everything runs perfect.
2. Once you buy the car full price, the market value will drop once I drive it and own it. But I don't care. I'm not planning on selling the car, I will use it forever.
3. It cost more money.

If the used car cost me $20k, while the new car cost $23k. Then I would rather buy the new car, because it is only $3k more.

Please help and please tell me what model should I get for fiat or minicooper.

I'm not interested in Honda, Nissan, Kia, ford, saburu, gmc, Toyota, bmw, Mazda, etc. ONLY MINICOOPER AND FIAT.

Please give me some advise.

Read more: Used car or new car for first time driver?