Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Looking to get into car restoration/tuning? - 1

I am a 15 year old boy looking to get into car tuning but I don't think my dad believes that I will actually take up this hobby. He has asked me to work on his car with him a couple of times with sway bars, and transmission, but I never really fully participated because I really wanted to be working on something that was mine (and not a 2001 Honda Accord). I am into older cars, foreign models but they are way out of my price range, but recently I have been looking at 80s Camaro's with reasonable miles (40-60k). We have many tools required for working on cars and a three car garage so it is practical but I need help on how to bring up this subject with my dad. I already know my mom will disapprove because she wouldn't even let me get into dirt bikes, but my dad worked on cars with his dad when he was younger and I think I should bring it up with him since he would be the one helping me as well. Also are there any other cars like the camaros that are under 5k and would make a pretty sweet looking car for a high school student. I am not into speed or anything I just love the look of muscle/tuner cars and the 86 camaro IROC-Z falls right in the middle of my interests.

~Thanks

Read more: Looking to get into car restoration/tuning? - 1