Sunday, November 9, 2014

Kia Rio5 - is it a decent car?

My current car (2001 manual Toyota Echo) has broken beyond my repair at a horrible time financially for me. I have about $5000 to play with (hopefully) and I'm having trouble finding a decent car. I test drove so many today and there's something wrong with each of them, ranging from leaking seals all around the car (2007 Honda Fit) To bad transmission histories (Dodge Caliber). I've found a 2009 Kia Rio5 listed for $3995.00 but I'm not sure if its a good car. I've personally never heard anything bad about them but people I know say people they know have had bad experiences with them, never anything specific though. These are the specs of the car:

4 Cylinder
5 Speed
5 Door (Hatch)
125,000 Km
Color: Blue
Front Wheel Drive
Power steering
Rear window defroster
Rear window wiper
CD player
Bucket seats
Airbag: driver
Airbag: passenger

So far its looking like my best option. I absolutely loath driving a manual but I'll put up with it if the price is right. Is it a decent make? Does it sound like a good deal?

Read more: Kia Rio5 - is it a decent car?