Saturday, November 22, 2014

First time taking motorcycle on freeway?

Hey guys, so I went through the MSF at the Honda power center about four months ago which consisted of a 3 day course in which the first day is a 5 hour class session, and the next 2 days consist of riding for about 8 hours. On the last day, you take the driving portion of the test and if you pass, it waves your driving test when you go to the DMV to apply for a permit (and also after passing the written test at the DMV as well). Well, I passed both and I've held my motorcycle permit for about 4 months. I got a used bike after I received my permit. I got a 1984 Honda Nighthawk 650. I have used my bike to get to school and what not and am very comfortable on it. (At first the I dropped it twice because of the weight but now it feels so light lol). I am a very safe and cautious rider and I am very comfortable with my bike. After holding a motorcycle permit for 6 months in CA (I'm 19), the DMV informed me that I'd come back to get my license. My permit restrictions are that I cannot ride at night or on the freeway. Now, My question is… What should I expect when I am finally able to ride on the freeway and at night? What was your guys' first experiences?First time taking motorcycle on freeway - 1

Read more: First time taking motorcycle on freeway?