Monday, November 17, 2014

Add my wife's name in my car's title?

I just got married 2 days ago. My brother-in-law and my sister offered me their old car (Honda Accord 2001) like a gift for me. My brother-in-law gave me a handwriting letter + his car's document and asked me to go to DMV, San Diego, CA. Right now, i want you guys to help me answer these following questions:
1/ Which documents do i have to bring to DMV?
2/ If i would like to add my wife's name in this car's title, which documents do we need to prepare?
Is it mandatory that she must go to DMV with me or only me is enough?
3/ How much do i have got to pay for this service?
4/ My wife has another car but she has a loan on her owner car. So that's why i am unable to add my name in her car's title. Is it correct? We have the different car insurance, will it have influence on this activity?
Thank you so much!

Read more: Add my wife's name in my car's title?