Saturday, February 18, 2017

Free choice of two cars, which should I choose?


My wife is getting a newer car. Her parents are also giving us their old car b/c they were given a newer car. I was also going to get a newer car as well but I am not a big car guy and am saving for a bigger house/kids. I commute about 20 minutes a day, so most of my driving is work.

- Should I keep my own car. 2006 Chevy Cobalt LT. 105k miles. Runs ok as I take care of my cars. Done all the 100k maintenance and even has newish tires.

OR

- Should I take the other used car, a 2007 Honda Accord V6 w/146k miles. Runs ok/about as well as the Cobalt. Only nicer thing is its got much more pickup, interior little nicer, and feels more like a tank.

OR

Keep both and have a backup. My driveway can fit another car. Never paid insurance for two cars so wonder if the insurance is much more usually

Thanks.

Read more: Free choice of two cars, which should I choose?