Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Does my Honda Civic have a bad thermostat, bad water pump or blown head gasket?

So my Honda as I was driving yesterday over heated. My heater started blowing cold air. I pulled over let it cool down open cap saw it had leaked all the antifreeze on the ground. It need some antifreeze which I had Some in back trunk. I then drove back home careful heater worked again and it didn't over heat. Today I open the radiator cap turned the car to burp the cooling system cranks heater up. Didn't take long to warm up as I felt heater blowing warm air. I kept topping off also as it need some. I noticed however after about 10 minutes on the temperature gauge it said the car was cold still. Got off and felt the radiator hoses the top one was hot and bottom one was cold. Again I check and temperature gauge still said cold. A little smoke was coming out exhaust probably cause it was cold outside though. Car didn't over heat this time. What's going on though why did it over heat on me yesterday?

Read more: Does my Honda Civic have a bad thermostat, bad water pump or blown head gasket?