Sunday, July 12, 2015

What's a good beginner motorcycle for someone with little riding experience?


I'm a junior in college and have been wanting a bike for a long time, so I plan on hopefully getting one after I graduate. I've had some riding experience in the past, (I owned a Yamaha YZ85 dirt bike when I was 14 or so, and my older brother had a Honda CR250R that I would ride occasionally) but nothing very significant. What are some good, solid bikes that would suit a beginning rider? I wouldn't be doing too much with it… Maybe driving it to work and taking it out on the weekends for fun. Two bikes I really like are the Yamaha FZ-07 and the Harley Iron 883. What are your thoughts on these two bikes, and which, if any, other ones would you recommend for someone starting out?

Read more: What's a good beginner motorcycle for someone with little riding experience?