Thursday, July 9, 2015

What would cause my car to bog out and die?


I was driving along the freeway one day, and my speedometer dropped to zero, and right when that happened my check engine light turned on. A few miles later my rpms dropped to zero as well.
I decided to pull over at the next rest stop, turned my car off then it wouldn't turn over. Just made a click sound. So I got a jump and it started. 10 miles later my car started bogging out really bad, I pulled behind a semi and he was pulling away from me. I couldn't gain speed. I own a manual so I dropped it to 3rd gear and it just didn't want to go. After I did that the car just shut down.
I replaced the alternator, and got a new battery. It then started, but after a few miles of driving it again it died the same exact way and will not start or try to turn over
I own a 97 Honda civic hatch back.
Anyone know what would be causing this?

Read more: What would cause my car to bog out and die?