Friday, July 10, 2015

Learning to ride on a bigger motorcycle?


So I have taken the Motorcycle Safety Course and gotten my endorsement and went out with my dad and got a motorcycle. We bought a 1999 Honda VT1100 shadow and its a pretty sick bike. I just wanted to know some peoples thoughts about this. Its not terribly heavy I think its dry weight is like 550 pounds, i can stand it up walk it around and sway it side to side. I am just under six feet tall. The bike doesnt go faster than 95 miles per hour I think but its got enough torque for the cruising obvious by the engine displacement. I didn't have any previous riding experience except for riding snow mobiles i guess. I live in a quiet town so learning on back roads isn't a problem. I did very well in the course. I just wanted to know some tips for learning to ride on motorcycle on the heavier side. I know its best to ride something smaller to start but theres not much i can do now. I am cautious and won't take it anywhere fast until i have a pretty good feel for the bike. Thanks for the replies.

Read more: Learning to ride on a bigger motorcycle?