Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Is the 2010 Prius and later a good, reliable car to own?


My friend owns a 2013 Prius C. She got it brand new as a gift from her parents and she says she only pays $15-20 a month for gas.

She also says it's reliable and that it apparently rarely needs repairs. She said that she hasn't changed the oil in about a year and it still runs smoothly she says.

She also notes that it has a very strong performance considering it has around 120 horsepower at 5000 RPM.

I really don't know a lot about cars. Ask me about human anatomy and I will let my nursing school knowledge go to work, but cars? I don't know jack. I was honestly thinking of getting a Honda Civic like everybody else.
Added (1). I don't really care about performance. So long as the car can drive at least a little over 70mph on the highway without breaking it's engine, I'm good. I don't need something with super-handling (what does handling mean btw) or goes 200mph and 1000 horse power.

I'm looking for point A to point B type of car.

Read more: Is the 2010 Prius and later a good, reliable car to own?