Monday, November 10, 2014

Overheating Honda, what could be the problem?

Just a few days ago I noticed that steam was coming from the radiator cap so I replaced it. After replaced the car started overheating at high speeds but cooled back to almost normal temp after a while of stop and go traffic.
I checked the coolant levels and topped it off, I drove it this morning and yet again at high speeds the temp rose above normal, and cooled down again in stop and go traffic.
I turned on the heater when temp started to rise so I turned on the heater. Hot air blew for about a min or two then slowly only cool air would blow out. I turned it off and noticed that when left off for a while hot air would blow again but after left on a while only cool air would blow. When hot the rpms at pretty low and feels like if the car will turn off. Is this a thermostat problem? Is the rediator bad? Water pump? Don't have much experience with cars and could use th help

Read more: Overheating Honda, what could be the problem?