Thursday, August 21, 2014

What is a good Beginner Motorcycle for a female?

I turn 16 in two days, and my dad suggested I go for my M (motorcycle license) instead of my G (car) first, because it speeds up the process. So instead of spending (let's say, for example) 2 years, it will take me 1 year to acquire my licence. Also, I can speed up the amount of time I spend in Level 2, instead of spending 6 months, I could reduce it by 4 months if I take a Motorcycle Safety Training Program (I read this on the Ontario Motorcycle Driver's Handbook).

Anyways, I'm about 5'1" or 5'2" and weigh about 115 pounds. So, as you can see I'm pretty short. I need a bike that I can rest my feet or at least one foot on the ground, and I know I have to try it out for myself but I can't yet.

I was looking at the Honda CBR125R or the CBR300R. I was trying to find some smaller cc bikes (such as 125, 250, etc.) in Yamaha, but I'm having a bit of trouble on the site as I don't know the site too well.
What size/cc would you suggest I get, and I'd prefer a bike that's under $5000 since I'm paying for half of it (my dad said he'd match what I pay, so if I pay $1000, he'll match it, giving me $2000) and insurance is pretty high for a beginner, especially a teenager. I'm fully aware of any risks I'd be taking riding a motorcycle.

This is the Honda CBR125R:
http://motorcycle.honda.ca/sport/cbr125r

I apologize for the long question, but I just wanted to clarify everything. All suggestions are appreciated! Thank you. :)
Added (1). By the way, I live in Canada

Read more: What is a good Beginner Motorcycle for a female?