Tuesday, August 26, 2014

02 Honda Civic Shudders in 1st gear?

I have a 2002 Honda Civic Lx Coupe with a manual transmission. I have a bad CV axle and recently when I start from a start from first gear it will shudder like I'm not giving it enough gas and a really loud metal clanking, but I never have a problem at the rpm I start at and I can even rev the engine higher and it will calm down but still do it. I checked it out today and it has stopped. I looked around and have heard things from possibly a warped fly wheel, bad clutch disc, bad motor mount. The motor isn't shaking when it does it so it's not that. I also have no clutch slippage, my clutch seems to be fine. I plan to fix the CV first thing just haven't been able to yet.

What I'm asking is any ideas on what it could be? Could it be the CV axle binding and up and clanking?

Thanks for any help in advance!

Read more: 02 Honda Civic Shudders in 1st gear?