Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Will I be hated for owning a 2008 Honda civic si?

I'm a car enthusiast who respects all cars, but I have noticed that a lot of people really hate on civic si's. I'm in college right now and I was first planning on getting a Mazdaspeed 6, but do to some circumstances (where I live, reliability, gas milage, etc.), I decided to go with the civic si. Don't get me wrong, I hate the fact that I'm going from 274 horses with a turbo to a N/A four cylinder. A drastic loss of horsepower and torque. But I'm using up a lot of gas and need a car that will be fun to drive and save a lot of money on gas. So is the civic si a good choice, or is there a better car without the bad reputation.

P.S. If I do get the civic, I will plan on modding it. I'm not going to rice it. All I'm going to do is add a better non-fart exhaust, headers, intake and maybe a supercharger if I have the money for it. My budget for a used car is 9k-12k. The 2008 civic si and the Mazdadpeed 6 were around the same price also.

Read more: Will I be hated for owning a 2008 Honda civic si?