Friday, January 30, 2015

Leasing a new car - Is this a good deal?

I'm leasing a new Honda Accord coupe 2015, I went in to talk to the guy about all the details. I'm trading in my old car. He appraised it at 9,500 bc it's been in 2 accidents. Both accidents were the cause of the other drivers

However the car is fixed and all damages were paid by the insurance. I also recondition vehicles for a living so it looks clean.

The car has 19,455 miles on it. 2012 version. I don't drive a lot so that's why I'm looking to lease.

Now I still owe $14.336 on the vehicle, but I made a deal with Honda on paying off my loan. Obviously there was negative equity but they said they would pay it fully if I leased. Now on my used car, my monthly payments were $420. On my new lease if I decide to do it, it would come out $425. No down payment, no acquisition fees, no security deposit, nothing, just my first lease payment of $425.

I want to know if this is a good deal or if something seems fishy. Also, if it is a reasonable deal, what questions should I ask the finance manager? Someone told me the most important question to ask is about the money factor (B Factor)? Is this true?

Any tips or advice would be great

Thanks

Read more: Leasing a new car - Is this a good deal?