Friday, January 23, 2015

How to recover from a motorcycle falling from sand/gravel on ground?

Hey

I was on 1st or 2nd gear and making a slow right turn into a park. All of a sudden my motorcycle started to fall as there was a little sand or gravel on the road. I almost hit the ground but somehow I managed to bring bike up by rolling on the throttle. When I did that the bike got up straight again. As soon as I was straight I hit the brakes and avoided falling this way. Don't know why I did that maybe instinctively. At least this is what I remember. I am a new to motorcycling and I have a Honda crb250. My question is was what I did correct? The whole experience scared the heck out of me and wanted to know what to do if it happens again? Thanks

Read more: How to recover from a motorcycle falling from sand/gravel on ground?