Tuesday, January 27, 2015

I got ripped off on my used car purchase?

I bought a 1989 Honda accord from my friends uncle. The deal was, I give him $500 then and another $500 in two weeks for a total of $1000 for the car. The owner of the car never told me it was salvage. Also, the carburator needs to be rebuilt. When I got the carburator looked at, the mechanic said that the engine light is disconnected. I don't want the car anymore because of all this plus I doubt it will pass smog now. Since I already gave him $500, I am willing to buy it for only $700 or $750 at most. What should I do, since he still has the pink slip and I doubt he will want to give my money back or take $700. Should I threaten with small claims court? Thanks in advance

Read more: I got ripped off on my used car purchase?