Thursday, January 29, 2015

Front Wheel stiffens at a certain point and gives a noise, just nothing or something that needs checking out?

I was just getting my motorbike out of its pen when I noticed that I needed more force to move the bike at different moments, and the front wheel seemed to make a noise as it stiffened, like a quietish squeal. I gave it a low speed test and I can still feel the front wheel stiffening whilst on the move.

Thing is, I haven't used it for a week and I found a set of earphones on my bike seat (it's in a little pen, uncovered).

Is it something serious or am I just franking out for no reason at all? I'm not sure if it's just lack of use, something going on with the wheel or diskbrake or if I'm just worring for no reason at all. I don't want to push it to speed without knowing.
Added (1). It also occurs when the bike is stationary and I physically turn the wheel.

I do tend to be quite noticeable about any difference so it could just be me overthinking things.
Added (2). The bike is a Honda CBF125

Read more: Front Wheel stiffens at a certain point and gives a noise, just nothing or something that needs checking out?