Wednesday, August 13, 2014

1998 honda civic idle issues?

It's a honda civic 1.6L vtec. Blew a head gasket about 2 months ago. Went threw the engine replaced radiator water pump timing belt thermostat spark plug cables and every gasket you can think of on the engine including the vtec filter gasket. Got everything pieced back together only thing I reused was the spark plugs basically because I'm out if money till I get paid. New fluids as well. Started the car after all this and it's idling odd. Jumping from 1000 to 2500 but when I turn on my a/c it lowers down and chills. Think it was from not running for so long and the fuel was sitting. But not positive. The timing and everything seems to be on point as we marked everything before taking it off. The idle is just really jumpy. Messed with the cables going to the intake and it quit for a bit but after turning car off and turning back on got the same issues. If anybody knows what I could do to get the idle to stay steady please let me know. Kinda stumped but hopefully I gave enough info. I'm curious to why it stops jumping when I turn the a/c on but once I turn it off it goes right back. Seems like it was much worse at first but got better after a test run. Thanks everybody

Read more: 1998 honda civic idle issues?