Tuesday, October 27, 2015

What could be causing my hesitation? 2012 Honda Civic?


I've been having acceleration issues in my Civic. When the blower motor is on (doesn't matter if A/C is on, it could just be the vent) my car hesitates and accelerates at a 'weak' pace. It's noticeably not as powerful. Along with this I've noticed sometimes my car shifts kind of harshly. It shifts between all gears but randomly I will feel a 'jerk' when letting off the gas and other times I feel my car struggling to shift a bit but if I press a bit harder on the gas, it finally shifts.

Both hesitation + shifting issues started together. I have no check engine light (never have), brand new OEM Denso spark plugs and ignition coils.

I have a collapsing front-right engine mount that I am getting fixed that was causing a rough idle, but could this cause hesitation/shifting issues? Just like the acceleration issues, I've noticed the rough idle gets a lot worse when I turn on the blower motor and gets smoother when I turn it off.

Alternator was tested OK, but could this be a voltage regulator? Or a shift control solenoid?

Read more: What could be causing my hesitation? 2012 Honda Civic?