Wednesday, October 28, 2015

College Student! Need money/car advice?!


Okay so I saved up money and got my first car, a 97 Honda Civic for $900. I had it for about 4 months when I found out I needed a new crankshaft position sensor, timing belt, and water pump. I found a mechanic who gave me a great deal and fixed it for $750. About 2 weeks later, I was driving at night and HIT A DEER. Very traumatic experience, may I add. The hood is pretty banged up and I believe the radiator is busted. We haven't opened the hood yet to see if the frame is bent because the person who is supposed to check my Honda out has not come around yet. I have no money left to move forward. Luckily, a refund check from financial aid for school came in, it was $2,000. I used this money to get a new car in a rush. I am stupid. I bought a 2003 PT cruiser. I took it to the mechanic, it needs a new waterpump, timing belt, and thermostat. The repairs will be over $1000. I have absolutely NO money left to my name and I am trapped. No one is offering to buy the PT cruiser I posted on craigslist and I am stuck with 2 broken cars and no money to fix either. Help ME! What do I do?!

Read more: College Student! Need money/car advice?!