Thursday, October 29, 2015

98 Honda Accord power door lock and windows not working. Out of ideas?


So I'll try to cover everything I've done to my car at this point. I had to replace the battery about 3 months ago. Power locks and windows were still fine. I installed a new touch screen stereo, wiring was a little tricky and I blew my headlights fuse but have got that replaced. After installing the stereo I installed a Viper Alarm system. Power locks and windows were still fine. Roughly 2 weeks after that, my car started acting up. It mainly had acceleration problems and would die when I stopped at a stop sign or a red light. I did some maintenance to include changing oil, coolant, and spark plugs and spark plug wires.

MAIN PROBLEM:
After changing the spark plugs, the power locks didn't work anymore. There's no click or any sound of that nature. Not only that, from the driver's side I couldn't control the power windows on the passenger's side of the vehicle anymore (front right and bottom right). My Viper alarm system also doesn't lock the vehicle though it still arms and disarms normally. I've checked all the fuses and they're all fine.

Come to find out, the acceleration problems was because of my map sensor so I got that taken care of but that didn't fix the power door lock and window situation.

I am literally out of ideas. Help me Obi Wan, you're my only hope!

Read more: 98 Honda Accord power door lock and windows not working. Out of ideas?