Thursday, April 23, 2015

2011 Honda fit air conditioner doesn't work on 1 or 2 setting?

HI All. I had my oil changed in my 2011 Honda fit on Saturday and they told me I would need to change my cabin filter soon, not yet but soon. I took it into consideration and know how to change it myself so I didn't worry about it. However now my air conditioner ISN'T working right! When I first start my car and turn on the air nothing comes out of the blower on settings 1 or 2 but when I crank it up to 3 or 4 and then go back down to 1 or 2 it works fine. I know enough to know that an air filter will not stop it from working and that it is a compressor problem but it seems weird that right after they mention it, my air stops working:/ (literally that afternoon). Could they have damaged it somehow when checking the filter or changing the oil? Is this a common issue with Honda Fits? I am going to call the dealership tomorrow but I thought I would check online first.

Read more: 2011 Honda fit air conditioner doesn't work on 1 or 2 setting?