Friday, October 9, 2015

How to fix my trunk/fuel tank lever in my 09 Honda Civic?


The lever was getting a bit sticky for a while now and just yesterday it went loose when I pulled it to open my trunk. Now it will not operate both the trunk or fuel door release.

I have already removed the material in my trunk to access the fuel door release cable manually for now. I'm just wondering if anyone knows a good temporary fix to close the trunk. There isn't much in there to attach a wire to in order to keep it closed.

Also can anyone give me a link or instructions to fix the lever permanently so that it works again. I don't think the cables are broken inside but I could be wrong. I'm not sure what the best way is to open up the lever assembly to take a look.

Read more: How to fix my trunk/fuel tank lever in my 09 Honda Civic?