Friday, October 9, 2015

Best motorcycle for highway commuting? Thanks in advance?!


Whenever I go to forums and websites with reviews for bikes they always praise the cornering and review the bikes in the mountains and on the track. Heres the issue: I live in the city. Where there are zero twisties, countless lights and long(30+ minutes) highway commuting each day. I've already decided on a sport-bike as a first bike, preferably either a 300cc or 600cc SuperSport, but my main question is if a 300cc(the safest bike for beginning from what I hear) will be suitable for my commuting each week. I know that the 300cc bikes are much easier to maneuver and control but since I go 30+ minutes on the highway each day and cornering isn't what I'll be doing then my main concern is whether or not the 300cc will be able to hold-up and provide really great times on the straight highway. Whatever bike I choose, 300cc or 600cc SuperSport, I won't be getting rid of for a loooong time, 3-4 years at least so I need this bike to last and not "bore" me. Most of you will say that a 300cc bike is what I should get and that it'll be plenty and I'm sure it would but I am strongly considering a 600cc SuperSport due to having straight highways as my commute everyday. Specifically a CBR600RR from Honda(sat on one at a dealership(2014 and 2007, along with a Ninja 300). So in my position, would a 600cc SuperSport be acceptable as a starter bike? I know it's a street-legal racing machine and I've accepted that. Also, I have scheduled an MSF course and will be taking it in a few weeks.

Read more: Best motorcycle for highway commuting? Thanks in advance?!