Saturday, May 2, 2015

Chances of Car catching fire while driving with fuel leak?


I have a 2004 Honda civic with 240k+ miles, I know it's a lot of miles, but I just went to a mechanic today and he said that there was a fuel smell in my oil (I just got the oil changed 3 days ago) and that there's a fuel leak somewhere. I can't get it fixed until Tuesday so I'm just wondering how DANGEROUS is it for me to be driving around? I still need to ride around and go to school/work. I'm gunna leave my car alone this weekend, but I have to use it today and on Monday. Are the chances of something bad like engine catching fire or exploding high? I'm so nervous. He didn't say that I shouldn't be driving it around but he also didn't say that I should.
Thank you.

Read more: Chances of Car catching fire while driving with fuel leak?