Monday, May 25, 2015

Engine build ideas for my 97 Honda Accord? I know 300+ horses is a bit of a longshot but?


I have all the mods that I need to support a turbo. I know the stock f22b2 block can handle up to 10psi and around 300 hp on stock internals. My F22b2 engine I have been working on was rebuilt with forged internal components for future boosting. My question is should I use my modded f22b2 head or go for a vtec and DOHC like the H22/H23?

Mods on my current F22b2 setup:

Block:
Forged pistons and steel rods

Head:
Performance valves and springs,
H23a intake manifold, 550cc injectors and aem fuel rail

All my pre-boost upgrades are for the F22b2 engine build. So if I swapped to a H series engine I would have to buy those supporting mods again to accommodate for a turbo later on. Maybe a G22 build? A modded F22B2 block with a F23 head on it? This is my daily driver and need reliability like I have with the current f22b2 that is in my accord (305k miles strong) What do you think would be the best combination for reliability and will hold up alot of boost later?

I would like to reach atleast 300 horses after adding turbo and a tune. If that can't be done with my current f22b2 build let me know what I need to do to reach my goal.

Read more: Engine build ideas for my 97 Honda Accord? I know 300+ horses is a bit of a longshot but?