Friday, March 17, 2017

Oil Leak/Burning Smell in Car?

I have a 2012 Honda Civic Si. Early yesterday morning I noticed a burning smell coming from the HVAC when I had the heat on, later that night it became stronger so I checked my oil level; oil needs to be changed and is LOW. I can't get underneath it at the moment so I poured some more oil in for the time being. I checked the undercarriage and noticed that near the filter and drain plug is covered in oil. Any idea what this could be? I d rather address the problem before I have to toss money to the mechanic on Monday.

TLDR

Burning smell in HVAC, overdue oil/filter change, oil leak covering undercarriage, drain plug, filter.

What is the culprit and how can it be fixed?
Added (1). Update: Burning smell comes from inside and outside car, maybe it's oil burning off the engine?

Read more: Oil Leak/Burning Smell in Car?