Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Is this a transmission issue or something else?

I have a 99 Honda Accord and it had a tuneup. However, after I got it back it had a new problem: Whenever I start my car firsts thing in the morning, it goes into gear (reverse or drive) but when I give it gas it still doesn't want to go. It coasts out of the parking spot. It seems like it has to warm up and then it drives just fine throughout the day. Some have told me it's the transmission, but it's not slipping gears. It just can't seem to get gas/umph to go.

I've been told to check my fuel filter. Would that help? I also had my transmission fluid changed and that didn't solve the issue.

Sometimes what also happens is I'll go to give it gas upon just starting it and the engine seems to die--but all the lights come on. It's like the engine is choked. Upon restarting it does fine (still coasting at first, though). But it is in gear. At least I think it is?

Thanks for your help.

Read more: Is this a transmission issue or something else?