Saturday, October 10, 2015

Motorcycle insurance policy has wrong bike model on papers. Bike got stolen. Am I screwed?


I recently renewed my motorcycle insurance (Mid august 2015). I did this on gocompare.com for a Honda pcx 125 scooter. Two weeks ago my scooter was stolen and upon making a claim I realised on my insurance papers that I am actually insured for a Honda s-wing 125.

On gocompare.com in my saved quote searches it still says that I was quoted for a Honda pcx. At the time of taking the insurance out I had noticed that when it took me to the insurers website to confirm it had switched it to a s-wing and there was no option to select a pcx. I took the insurance out anyway with the intention of calling them immediately to change the model. However I completely forgot about it. So far they have not noticed but I assume they will. Am I totally screwed? Is there anything I can do convince them it was their mistake?
Thanks,

Read more: Motorcycle insurance policy has wrong bike model on papers. Bike got stolen. Am I screwed?