Friday, May 1, 2015

4Cyl or 6Cyl Jeep Wrangler?

Now before you jump in and just say the 6, please tell me why and if you have experience with wranglers that would be great. THIS WILL NOT BE MY DAILY DRIVER. I may from time to time get on the highway with it but nothing more that 20 minute drives. This is mostly going to be used for offroad and driving around town. I will do slight mods with either a 3 or 4.5 lift. 31 to 33 tires. Been told not to go higher than 31 with the 4 banger.

Now, I have done some looking and so far I mostly see the 4cyl in a good price range, and I get it most people want the 4.0 6cyl for obvious reasons.

The 2.5 I found has 4.11 Gearing and the dealership said it is quick for a 4 banger. Said that he followed the guy driving it back and had a hard time keeping up that the guy since he was going 80 on the highway. Ive been told if you find a good deal, that not to worry the 4Cyl will be fine.

That being said I already drive a 4Cyl Honda CRV, you cant get much slower for a car. Im not looking at racing someone, if I was I would be getting a mustang. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks! 4Cyl or 6Cyl Jeep Wrangler

Read more: 4Cyl or 6Cyl Jeep Wrangler?