Wednesday, December 10, 2014

TPMS light came on and is staying on after getting new tires?

A few nights ago I drove a couple blocks and realized that I had a flat tire. I put on the spare and took it to Les Schwab the next day, where I had all of my tires replaced. All was good and well, until that night my TPMS light came on (NOT the (!) light, it just reads TPMS). I'm wondering what the problem is, if anyone could give me an estimate on the time it would take to fix this, and whether I should take it to the dealership or back to Schwab to get the job done. Cost isn't as much of an issue as timeliness as I need to drive from Portland, OR to Salt Lake City, UT in a couple days, however the cheaper option would be nice as long as it is reliable. Theoretically, could I make it to Utah without substantial risk of problems assuming I let it be, possibly fixing it in SLC? Are there any temporary fixes that could put this whole ordeal on hold until I come back to Oregon if it were to take multiple days to repair? I drive a 2011 Honda Civic LX-S.

Read more: TPMS light came on and is staying on after getting new tires?